Made by Spindash712.

> Animal Kingdom News
The rules have been updated some, and they are taking effect now. Nothing major, but please check them before posting. =)

<% DSHOUTBOX %>
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I-Dosers, anyone heard of these?
Ferret75
 Posted: Nov 5 2011, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ultimate Pong Champion!

Supposedly, they're known as digital drugs. They consist of 5-30 minute songs that play out like binuaral beats. The idea is that they play separate and multiple frequencies into separate ears, and assuming you don't move at all, they're meant to simulate certain brainwaves. If that doesn't work, they at least often contain some nice instrumentals (like a catchy song).

There are ones for recreational drugs, ones for "designer simulations" which are like emotion and art trips, and others as well such as states of mind (like focusing, thinking, and sleep conditions).

I actually have tried some of these after some obvious skepticism, and I think only certain ones do anything, it might vary on the person.

The ones I've tried are iTunes ones (15 minute ones for about $10 an album), which play like catchy trance songs with some beats in the background. The ones supposedly simulating "drug effects" don't seem to do anything, but some others like "Black Sunshine" and "Divinorum" which take you on "mental journeys" are kind of neat. At the very least, they are pretty good as instrumental songs.

--------------------
PM
^
Bliss
 Posted: Nov 6 2011, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

Shadow

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

I've heard of stuff like that before, but I've never experienced anything close to feeling intoxicated from anything purely mental like that.

--------------------
PM
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Nov 6 2011, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Bliss @ Nov 6 2011, 03:12 AM)
I've heard of stuff like that before, but I've never experienced anything close to feeling intoxicated from anything purely mental like that.

The drug ones don't seem to do anything, but I never used real drugs obviously so I wouldn't really know what that's like.

The album "Designer Simulations" are like mind journeys that switch emotion every now and then. This awesome one, called Black Sunshine, continually elevates a sense of happiness until late in the song where it suddenly goes polar opposite with the beat tone and causes a bunch of reversed emotions.

"Sacred Simulations" are relaxants, but the songs are very boring.

"Celestial Simulations" is pretty neat actually. One song, Astral Projection, makes you feel like you're floating. Lucid Dream helps you have more active involvement in dreams if you take it right before falling asleep. Out of Body is pretty much what it says.

--------------------
PM
^
Bliss
 Posted: Nov 7 2011, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Shadow

I know a bit about music. Your heart beat tends to change to reflect the beat and style of the music and that sort of stuff. I know a group of people came together a while ago to design the most relaxing song based on how people react to different stuff, so i guess it's possible that different music could do other stuff too. I dunno though. I keep meaning to listen to that "most relaxing" one.

Edit: I looked it up if anyone is curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk1IVLc6YW0

It is pretty calming actually.

--------------------
PM
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Nov 7 2011, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

I-Dosers involve directly simulating certain brainwave patterns, not simply providing the mood for those to be possible.

The ones from this group are structured like songs (with a significant amount of detail in presentation and instrumentals), with several different frequencies (alternate and different for each ear; it requires headphones) playing in the background.

Other binuaral beat "doses" involve solely the frequencies and beats, part of the reason it's nicknamed a "digital drug".

--------------------
PM
^
Bliss
 Posted: Nov 7 2011, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Shadow

Sounds kinda like getting hypnotized. Not that I'd know, never had it happen. Seen it done to people though. Digital drugs sound confusin to me. I've tried a few things before and i'd be curious to see how close you can get without the real thing.

--------------------
PM
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Nov 8 2011, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Bliss @ Nov 7 2011, 10:44 PM)
Sounds kinda like getting hypnotized. Not that I'd know, never had it happen. Seen it done to people though. Digital drugs sound confusin to me. I've tried a few things before and i'd be curious to see how close you can get without the real thing.

The difference though is that hypnosis is voluntary and requires free will to work. Also, I know that most stage hypnosis is faked (some friends of mine who were chosen for one of those said afterwards that they just played along), and the stereotype is absurd. It's not a brainwashing thing, it's a real relaxing therapy technique that's supposed to help guide the user into exploring their subconscious (which requires some effort and agreement on the person's part).

I-Dosers can be limited if you constantly change your thoughts in an attempt to alter your mood, but provided you're in a still state of mind, they seem to have a physical effect.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll