Made by Spindash712.

> Animal Kingdom News
The rules have been updated some, and they are taking effect now. Nothing major, but please check them before posting. =)

<% DSHOUTBOX %>
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Should I Do About My Comic Series?, The Adventures of Kirby and Friends!

What should I do?
Continue TAoKaF. [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
Remake TAoKaF. [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
Turn TAoKaF into a written story (kirby world). [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Turn TAoKaF into a written story (human world). [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Make a new Kirby comic series. [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
All/Some of the above. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
None of the above. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Lightning15
 Posted on Nov 11 2010, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Recently, I've wanted to continue the series... However, with the loss of my old computer, I lost several sprite sheets. Some I recovered (thanks to Photobucket), some I can get back from the Spriters Resource, but some I'll have to recolor... That could take some time...

When I looked back on my earlier comics, I was appalled at how horrible they were and I thought about how I could improve them. This would seem like a logical course of action to take, but seeing as I'm nearly 150 comics into the series, it would take a ridiculously long time to catch back up...

Another thought that crossed my mind was turning the series into a written work. Describing Kirbys is harder than describing humans, though, but turning them into humans for the story would take a lot of fun out of it—same, in a smaller degree, as simply turning the original Kirby story into words.

It wouldn't be hard at all to merely make a new Kirby comic series all together. This idea appeals to me, but I really don't want to leave TAoKaF where it is now, without finishing it. I've even thought about sequels for the series: but again, I have to finish it before I can make a sequel.

Now, I think that following more than one of these courses of action would be an easier decision. Then again, all this work might be too much, especially with the limited computer time I have each day (2 hours on weekdays, 4 on weekends and holidays).

What do you think I should do?

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
Look close enough, and you can detect the colors inside anybody's heart....
PM
^
loudkirbyking
 Posted on Nov 11 2010, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

This is my story... And I'll live it as I see fit.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

Festive Fallout Champion!
Fishy Champion!
Tetris Champion!

I will not vote on this, but input my opinion.

I liked your comic series, yes. I didn't comment on them, yes. It's up to you if you want to continue it or remake it. I think you have a nice gift in that area, so I'd like to see it continue, remade, or some other comic. You do good with drawing, Lightning.

--------------------
user posted image
I'm a Christian, and I'm not afraid to say it.
PM
^
Ansem555
 Posted on Nov 12 2010, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

I am the Taggerung, German Shepherd style!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I think a remake would be nice. Fix a few bugs, chisel out minor details and maybe chisel in new major ones. It would definitely be an asset to do more.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Helios100
 Posted on Nov 12 2010, 01:05 AM
Quote Post

I want to get to Xaldin rank D:

Member No.: 46

I voted to make another comic series, but seeing as how there wasn't this option I have an opinion. Why not do remake The Adventure of Kirby and Friends but at the same time, say in between episodes or whatever you call them, why not write another comic to pass the time or get an idea out of your head that's been stuck because you're at a standstill with your current one?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
^
Lightning15
 Posted on Nov 12 2010, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

QUOTE (Helios100 @ Nov 11 2010, 09:05 PM)
I voted to make another comic series, but seeing as how there wasn't this option I have an opinion. Why not do remake The Adventure of Kirby and Friends but at the same time, say in between episodes or whatever you call them, why not write another comic to pass the time or get an idea out of your head that's been stuck because you're at a standstill with your current one?

Good thought... However, the reason I usually got stuck in my comic was because I didn't feel like making the next comic, or I was too busy. As the case is, I have planned out the rest of the current season (each season is composed of 50 comics) and the beginning of the next, I only never got around to making them all.

I really do want to make a new series, so whatever happens with TAoKaF, a new series is quite likely.

I have my own opinions on what I should do, but because this decision effects the readers of my comic series, I'd like all their input. Just to see what they want... Their thoughts may influence my choice, in that they will help form my own feelings on what I should do, but in the end, the choice will be mine. I don't plan to just do whatever gets the most votes; I hope everyone understand that.

--------------------
PM
^
Spindash712
 Posted on Nov 12 2010, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Chaos Rubie!

Group: Under-Mod
Member No.: 4

I personally enjoyed the series and wish you would continue it in comic form.

--------------------
Badges:
user posted imageuser posted image

"Power is a pink puffball!" ~Spindash712

user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Lightning15
 Posted on Nov 21 2010, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

Well... Thanks to those who inputed their opinions. I've decided to remake the series, and create another series to work on whenever I need a break from the remake.

This remake series should turn out much better than the original one. I hope those who read TAoKaF will read its remake, and perhaps I'll receive new readers... NOTE: This will not be the same comic, not exactly. It will follow many of the same things, but I expect I'll be adding and changing so much that it can be considered a different series.

As for the new series, I haven't decided anything about it yet, so I guess we'll all have to wait and see for that one. XD

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll