Made by Spindash712.

> Animal Kingdom News
The rules have been updated some, and they are taking effect now. Nothing major, but please check them before posting. =)

<% DSHOUTBOX %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mass Killing of a Species, Should it be allowed? (Long read)
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 7 2009, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ultimate Pong Champion!

Sometimes, a species that is considered very lethal to another species, whether it it be because they are a mass predator or not. Sometimes though, the species will be very large in population, which can mean more danger to the prey of the predator. However, when that attacked species becomes endangered, people will sometimes order killing a good portion of the dominant species in an area, and that is what this debate is about.

To give you an example, a couple monthes ago, salmon became really scarce in this one area on America, due to the large number of sea lions in that area, which eat, of course, the salmon. To stop this though, some people tried to pass a thing that would let them kill some of the sea lions. It eventually got through somehow (I forget how), resulting in the deathes of about ten sea lions. The thing was later pulled though after the reactions of some people.

Now my opinion on this?
Well first of all, I think it is rediculous to kill a bunch of sea lions just because some people are complaining about the lack of salmon (a fish) there is to catch, but this debate is about mass killing species in general.

So on that, I'll just make my opinion brief. I think it's completely idiotic to mass kill part of a species just because it may start to get a little bit dominant. Heck, just look at HUMANS. Humans probulay destroy more animals than any other species, but that doesn't mean we would kill a bunch of humans for that. And yes, I know I'm comparing humans to animals, but technically, they are both animals (but that is a different debate in itself), and it contradicts the whole idea of mass killing a dominant species.

So in summary, I'm against mass killing of a species.
Now then, what are all of your opinions?

--------------------
PM
^
Spindash712
 Posted: Feb 9 2009, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Chaos Rubie!

Group: Under-Mod
Member No.: 4

Sure a mass killing isn't neccesary. But people should be allowed to hunt an animal. Why else do you think they're there?

--------------------
Badges:
user posted imageuser posted image

"Power is a pink puffball!" ~Spindash712

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 9 2009, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Spindash712 @ February 09, 2009 02:52 pm)
Sure a mass killing isn't neccesary. But people should be allowed to hunt an animal. Why else do you think they're there?

Yes, but they shouldn't be hunted for they sake of helping another species.

Especially adorable sea lions for SOME FREAKING SALMON.

--------------------
PM
^
Spindash712
 Posted: Feb 9 2009, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Chaos Rubie!

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ February 09, 2009 05:34 pm)

That's correct. I just wish some people wouldn't freak out as much about it.

--------------------
Badges:

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 9 2009, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Spindash712 @ February 09, 2009 06:36 pm)

Hey, you're saying that to a person that loves animals and actually supports animal rights.

Even then, they still have the right.
They KILLED some animals for the sake of salmon, which is just going to get killed anyways, and then don't even do anything with the animals that are killed.
It's like killing a human but then saying that it was to protect a bug.

--------------------
PM
^
Spindash712
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Chaos Rubie!

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ February 09, 2009 07:42 pm)

Hey, you're saying that to a person that loves animals and actually supports animal rights.

They KILLED some animals for the sake of salmon, which is just going to get killed anyways, and then don't even do anything with the animals that are killed.

I don't hate animals. But 'animal rights' don't exist. It is not kind to treat animal meanly, but it's not something to base on assault charges.

--------------------
Badges:

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Spindash712 @ February 10, 2009 12:25 pm)
QUOTE (Ferret75 @ February 09, 2009 07:42 pm)

I don't hate animals. But 'animal rights' don't exist. It is not kind to treat animal meanly, but it's not something to base on assault charges.

The point is they basically almost randomly killed some animals for a minor reason.
And animals are living creatures too, heck according to the defintion, humans are considered animals as well.

Just because humans have a wider access to technology doesn't mean we can basically use the animals for whatever sick uses people may want.
Not that I'm against hunting for things like food, but everything else is stupid.

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

I think that humans want to keep salmon around because humans like to eat salmon. That was easy to solve. But humans sorta have all rights over animals and can do what they want with them. Surely this ends up in some CRUEL things and very IDIOTIC things. I think it's right that we should kill the sea lions if they were endangering the salmon, but what I guess they don't realize, is that the sea lions AND the humans are the problem. Oh well... Poor sea lions. :/

--------------------

user posted image
I'll let you know that if you're taking my words seriously, you're already doing something wrong...
PMAOLMSN
^
Spindash712
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Chaos Rubie!

QUOTE (Forbic @ February 10, 2009 02:13 pm)
I think that humans want to keep salmon around because humans like to eat salmon. That was easy to solve. But humans sorta have all rights over animals and can do what they want with them. Surely this ends up in some CRUEL things and very IDIOTIC things. I think it's right that we should kill the sea lions if they were endangering the salmon, but what I guess they don't realize, is that the sea lions AND the humans are the problem. Oh well... Poor sea lions. :/

Maybe I should of said it like that. Thank you Forbic.

--------------------
Badges:

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Forbic
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

QUOTE (Spindash712 @ February 10, 2009 12:17 pm)

You're welcome. :3

And of course humans kill more animals than any other species. But we'd never kill each other over it, because we are ranked above the animals so we think animals are just there for our enjoyment... Which I kinda think they are...
But like you said, that's for a whole different debate. :3

--------------------

user posted image
I'll let you know that if you're taking my words seriously, you're already doing something wrong...
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ February 10, 2009 03:19 pm)

And of course humans kill more animals than any other species. But we'd never kill each other over it, because we are ranked above the animals so we think animals are just there for our enjoyment... Which I kinda think they are...

Wow, that's kinda akward actually.

We're being stupid and killing random sea lions (which are cute http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6981/flaresadqi0.png ) to stop them from eating the salmon, WHICH IS THE SAME THING WE'RE GONNA DO.

--------------------
PM
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

user posted image

They're so cute. ;.;

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ February 10, 2009 12:39 pm)

We're being stupid and killing random sea lions (which are cute http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6981/flaresadqi0.png ) to stop them from eating the salmon, WHICH IS THE SAME THING WE'RE GONNA DO.

Of course. What else?

"No SEA LIONS. DON'T BE GREEDY. THE SALMON DESERVE TO LIIIIIIIVE! *Nibbles a salmon*"

Oh yeah. I don't really think sea lions are that cute... Dunno why... But still, I don't think animals deserve to be killed just because we're hungry for specific foods. :/

--------------------

user posted image
PMAOLMSN
^
Forbic
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ February 10, 2009 12:43 pm)
user posted image

They're so cute. ;.;

Yes. Cute... That's umm... A word for it... ohmy.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Feb 10 2009, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ February 10, 2009 03:43 pm)
QUOTE (Ferret75 @ February 10, 2009 12:39 pm)

Of course. What else?

"No SEA LIONS. DON'T BE GREEDY. THE SALMON DESERVE TO LIIIIIIIVE! *Nibbles a salmon*"

Oh yeah. I don't really think sea lions are that cute... Dunno why... But still, I don't think animals deserve to be killed just because we're hungry for specific foods. :/

That kinda goes under vegetarianism too technically, since it's technically possible to live healthy without eating any kind of meat.

Protein pills, fruits and vegetables, tofu, vitamins, etc.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll