Made by Spindash712.

> Animal Kingdom News
The rules have been updated some, and they are taking effect now. Nothing major, but please check them before posting. =)

<% DSHOUTBOX %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tapeworms, A disturbing type of worm...
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ultimate Pong Champion!

I found out about them recently, and read about them.

In case you're wondering what a tapeworm is, I'll briefly explain.
They work kind of like a parasite, except they are a small type of worm.
The next part is kind of gross, so read at you're on discretion.

What they mainly do involving humans is that a few rare cases are where the human accidently swallows them (they start out pretty small), and they attach themselves to the inside of the stomach or start of intestine. Surprisenly, they don't infect the human besides sticking half their body to the walls. What they do, which can create slight nightmare fuel, is eat most the food that the host eats.

Basically, while the host gets a major lack of food, the tapeworm lives. The creepier part is that over time, they grow in size from the food. Apparently, they can literally grow to the size of a soccer ball in your stomach. This makes surgical removal somewhat crazy (and god forbid if you're a doctor trying to take a giant living worm out of somebody's stomach o__0).

But what really is hilarious is that a few people apparently purposely eat tapeworms as a form of diet, since they assume that the tapeworm will basically eat the excess food they eat. Seriously!

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ March 18, 2009 03:41 pm)
What they mainly do involving humans is that a few rare cases are were the human accidently swallows them

Yeah... after reading that sentence 5 or 6 times I decided it doesn't make sense. tongue.gif
But yeah. That's what they do. They steal your food. D:
Greedy little guys. apparently they're much too lazy and unable to get large amounts of food themselves. Either way, it's not too disgusting... Clearly it's not good at all, but I figure you should really make sure you cook your meats properly. Definitly not the best or cutest living creature out there, but there are worse things out there. :3

--------------------

user posted image
I'll let you know that if you're taking my words seriously, you're already doing something wrong...
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 06:54 pm)
What they mainly do involving humans is that a few rare cases are were the human accidently swallows them

Yeah... after reading that sentence 5 or 6 times I decided it doesn't make sense. tongue.gif
Greedy little guys. apparently they're much too lazy and unable to get large amounts of food themselves. Either way, it's not too disgusting... Clearly it's not good at all, but I figure you should really make sure you cook your meats properly. Definitly not the best or cutest living creature out there, but there are worse things out there. :3

Bah, I forgot one letter and it made the whole sentence sound bad. x_x
Fixed. http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/KirbyFan31113/Lightning15educate.png

In their defense though, like other parasites/animals with parasitic characteristics, they need hosts to survive.

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ March 18, 2009 03:56 pm)

Fixed. http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/KirbyFan31113/Lightning15educate.png

In their defense though, like other parasites/animals with parasitic characteristics, they need hosts to survive.

Dot dot dot
The sentence still is grammatically incorrect, but nice try. :3
I see you made were into where.

--------------------

user posted image
I'll let you know that if you're taking my words seriously, you're already doing something wrong...
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 06:57 pm)
QUOTE (Ferret75 @ March 18, 2009 03:56 pm)

Dot dot dot
The sentence still is grammatically incorrect, but nice try. :3
I see you made were into where.

There were parenthesis connected to that set of words, so thus the comma would be after the parenthesis. http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/KirbyFan31113/Lightning15educate.png

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

Yes yes yes, I see this.
But I can't decide now if this is on rare cases or what they mainly do... 'Cause you said it's both in the same sentence. o_o

--------------------

user posted image
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 07:02 pm)
Yes yes yes, I see this.
But I can't decide now if this is on rare cases or what they mainly do... 'Cause you said it's both in the same sentence. o_o

Wait, rephrase please?

--------------------
PM
^
Gizbit99
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Transformers Semi-Fanatic

Member No.: 18

Tapeworms can enter your body through undercooked meat, if that helps clarify the "accidentally" part.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Forbic
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

What they mainly do involving humans is that a few rare cases are where the human accidently swallows them...

Well now. Do humans mainly swallow them or is this on a few rare cases? It can't be both, even though you used them both. XP

--------------------

user posted image
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 07:08 pm)
What they mainly do involving humans is that a few rare cases are where the human accidently swallows them...

Well now. Do humans mainly swallow them or is this on a few rare cases? It can't be both, even though you used them both. XP

I meant the only main cases with humans involving tapeworms is when they are swallowed.

Anyways, it's a few rare cases.
Tapeworms are swallowed accidently, except a few people who purposely eat them alive for extreme diets.

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

This still makes no sense to me. @_@
How can people mainly eat them on a few rare cases?
Oh well... I think I get what you're trying to say.
"Mainly they're accidentally ingested with unprepared foods, like meat. On a few rare cases, however, they're purposefully eaten to aid in getting thinner." Right? ohmy.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 07:20 pm)
"Mainly they're accidentally ingested with unprepared foods, like meat. On a few rare cases, however, they're purposefully eaten to aid in getting thinner." Right? ohmy.gif

I DIDN'T SAY THEY MAINLY ATE THEM.

I said that any case involving humans with tapeworms is usually by swallowing, as I'm pretty sure the majority of health problems involving tapeworms tend to be a result of the tapeworm living in them.

--------------------
PM
^
Forbic
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Look, it's GODZILLA!

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ March 18, 2009 04:22 pm)

I said that any case involving humans with tapeworms is usually by swallowing, as I'm pretty sure the majority of health problems involving tapeworms tend to be a result of the tapeworm living in them.

DOT DOT DOT

HOW ELSE DOES THE WORM GET IN? I'm pretty certain ingestion is the main way they enter the human's body. D:
I'd say maybe through the bloodstream, but that being the case, they couldn't very easily (Or at all) enter the stomach or intestine. D:

--------------------

user posted image
PMAOLMSN
^
Ferret75
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

i liek ferretz

Ultimate Pong Champion!

QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 07:24 pm)

DOT DOT DOT

HOW ELSE DOES THE WORM GET IN? I'm pretty certain ingestion is the main way they enter the human's body. D:
I'd say maybe through the bloodstream, but that being the case, they couldn't very easily (Or at all) enter the stomach or intestine. D:

Wait a second.

I said not mainly because MOST HUMANS DO NOT ENCOUNTER TAPEWORMS.
I was referring by "did not mainly eat them" because most humans don't have parasites in their stomaches. dry.gif

Then I said OUT OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE A CASE RELATED TO TAPEWORMS, it usually invovles the tapeworm being swallowed.

dry.gif

--------------------
PM
^
Gizbit99
 Posted: Mar 18 2009, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Transformers Semi-Fanatic

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Ferret75 @ March 18, 2009 07:33 pm)
QUOTE (Forbic @ March 18, 2009 07:24 pm)

DOT DOT DOT

Wait a second.

I said not mainly because MOST HUMANS DO NOT ENCOUNTER TAPEWORMS.
I was referring by "did not mainly eat them" because most humans don't have parasites in their stomaches. dry.gif

Then I said OUT OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE A CASE RELATED TO TAPEWORMS, it usually invovles the tapeworm being swallowed.

dry.gif

How would they get in without being eaten?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll