Made by Spindash712.

> Animal Kingdom News
The rules have been updated some, and they are taking effect now. Nothing major, but please check them before posting. =)

<% DSHOUTBOX %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Survival of the Fittest, You're a survivor... Can you remain one?
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 18 2011, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Survival of the Fittest

You have woken up to a deathly silence. The city you live in is nearly devoid of life. All but you and a few others across the city have inexplicably vanished without a trace, apparently overnight. A durable nine-meter-high steel wall has appeared around this city of Leasville, blockading it. With limited food inside Leasville, and the increasing appearances of sinister beings from the shadows, what will you do to survive? Will you join the few remaining people, or stand against them? Will you try to find a way out? Who's to say it's safer out there than in?
Something, or someone, must have caused the disappearance of virtually everybody on earth, and they may intend to finish the undertaking.

Your character(s) will wake up to their city Leasville exactly as it was before they went to sleep, only almost every person has vanished and there is no electricity. No bodies of people or domesticated animals are anywhere. In the streets are a normal amount of cars, many crashed. The wall encircling Leasville is impossible to break through, but may be possible to get over—not by climbing with just hands and feet, for the wall is too smooth-surfaced and steep (perfectly perpendicular with the ground, in fact).

Rules and Guidelines:
• No God-Modding.
• Once you enter a character, do not start RPing with them until the character is approved.
• You may start with up to two characters, and you can add more later so long as you can keep track of and RP as all of them.
• No electrical devices function, including phones.
• Leasville is not the only nearly-lifeless place. All towns and cities are the same, with similar walls around them. Your characters can live in any city or town, but it's probably best to have at least one in Leasville.
• Within each city and town are a number of people who clearly should not be there. They stick to the shadows, watching the survivors, trying to keep unnoticed...for now. (Nobody can RP as one of these people unless later noted, due to currently secret information and the fact that you'll have little to do as them anyway)

Entry Form

Name:
Personality:
Skills:
Inabilities:
Biography:
Other Things:

(Try to keep the number of Skills and Inabilities about equal for balance.
Bio and Other Things are optional—you can keep them partly or wholly secret if you want.
Other optional things to consider for better shaping of characters: likes, dislikes, fears, quirks/habits, even health issues)

Have fun!

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
Look close enough, and you can detect the colors inside anybody's heart....
PM
^
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 18 2011, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

Characters

Lightning15's Character
Name: Nigel Declan
Appearance: He is 6'2'' and thin, handsome, with black hair and midnight blue eyes. He wears black trousers, a black vest over his light blue striped dress shirt, and brown derby shoes. He also has a pair of thin-rimmed reading glasses that he wears when he needs them.
Personality: He is cautious, cynical, stubborn, clever, black-humored, analytical, and a bit arrogant.
Skills: Drawing and acting
Inabilities: Socializing and fighting
Biography: He has suffered from chronic insomnia since he was eleven. When he was seventeen, he started taking Alodorm for it, and he still uses it occasionally when he cannot sleep. His parents divorced when he was fifteen. He ended up living with his father when his mother decided she did not want custody of him. She moved away and never visited, generating bitter feelings in Nigel. He had few friends in high school.
Other Things: He has severe claustrophobia.

Lightning15's Second Character
Name: Sage Pherradel
Appearance: She is 5'7'' and lithe, with light brown hair that curls at the ends just as it reaches her upper back, and her eyes are green. She wears a pale green blouse, a dark green, plaid, knee-length skirt over white leggings, and black sandals. Worn as bracelets around each of her wrists are two green hairbands.
Personality: She is easily frightened, but friendly and tough around people she knows well enough. She is dependent on others and afraid of being alone, but she is loyal, trustworthy, and selfless.
Skills: Cooking, gymnastics, and singing
Inabilities: Remembering details, recognizing flirtation, and swimming
Biography: -
Other Things: She is afraid of the ocean and darkness. When nervous, she tends to sing quietly in an attempt to calm herself.

zlod's Character
Name: Lyle Tristan
Appearance: He is 5'11" with a muscular but not bulky build. He has silky brown hair, going a few centimeters past his forehead and bright green eyes. His hair attempts to curl if it grows any longer. He wears a button up long sleeved casual shirt with the arms rolled up, or a tight fit shirt. Both are coupled with dark blue jeans, not too baggy, but not too tight.
Personality: Lyle usually tends to hang alone, not enjoying grouping. He's narcissistic at times, though he's usually quiet, intense, and collected.
Skills: Fighting, drawing, and his agility (pretty much goes with fighting, but I'll list it).
Inabilities: Socializing well (he can, but he doesn't like to), soccer, and relationships (Not unable, but not very good at em')
Biography: Lyle grew up with a happy life, until the age of 11 that is. His mother got cancer, and died a year later. After that, his life went down hill. He was secluded, and he didn't talk with his father often. Then, it only got worse; when he was 15, he found his father, a rope around his neck, hanging in his room. Lyle went to live with his relatives, who felt sorry for him. He didn't want their pity, so he stayed alone, usually keeping to himself. He doesn't make friends easily, but the ones he does make, he keeps.
Other: He has a love of symmetry, almost OCD, but not quite.

loudkirbyking's Character
Name: Loxel Starfire
Appearance: Loxel is around 5'9, and very skinny to a point of his bones being mostly visible. He has brown eyes and a redish brownish hair color that extends slightly above his eyebrows in the front while barely reaching his neck in the back. He currently is wearing some beige cargo pants in which nobody is really sure what all he keeps in his pockets, but it never tends to fall out randomly unless he slumps highly in a chair or something. He is also currently wearing a blank green long sleeve shirt. In case of the cold or rain, his jacket is tied around his waist to look almost like a ring around his stomach. The jacket, once undone, is blue on the inside, black on the outside, and has a hood on it. He also wears white tennis shoes, and has some black gloves in his back pockets for use when lifting rugged objects.
Personality: Typically a nutcase, he can come off as very crazy or weird at first, but he's really just showing his own brand of kindness. He attempts to act more of a comedian, intentionally or not, but also tends to fail at it every now and then. Once into a more serious mode, either by situation, or by choice, he can also show great words of wisdom hidden somewhere in him. Though a bit clumsy, he does show intelligence... sometimes.
Skills: Looking really fancy with weapons, running pretty far, adaptability
Inabilities: Debating topics, actually fighting with weapons(Kinda more medium, but eh), showing love to anyone to anything, handling heights
Biography: This, my friends, shall be revealed a bit later on.
Other Things: He is working on examining how life works, and on a journey to find out who he is.

loudkirbyking's Second Character
Name: Alail Derin
Appearance: Around 5'6, and a bit more on the muscular side, she's pretty strong, but not like majorly buffed. She has blue eyes and shoulder length jet black hair that's normally let down. Normally, she wears a black pair of shorts and a red t-shirt that's slightly loose on her for more freedom of movement. She wears white tennis shoes for easy kicking, and a small darker brown bracelet on her arm with the words "Live like you mean it." engraved onto it. She also has a powder horn on her side loaded up with gunpowder. She also carries a small satchel at her side which holds some supplies to make gunpowder and other explosive objects.
Personality: Though coming out a bit harsh sometimes, she always attempts to help out in the topics she knows of. A lady of more explosive behavior, she can suddenly burst out into inspiration, or else a sudden burst of anger or frustration from what may even seem to be not that bad.
Skills: Making gunpowder, thinking outside the box, pyrotechnics
Inabilities: Sneaking around for decent periods of time, making friends
Biography: Originally the daughter of the local alchemist who made the gunpowder, she learned the arts of making it and creation of most things explosive. She knows about many things flammable and was experimenting with her father before things went crazy on learning new ways of using such explosives, and continually coming up with new crazy ideas.
Other Things: She can be thought of as a mad scientist by others...

--------------------
PM
^
zlod
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

Shadow

Member No.: 128

Name: Lyle Tristan
Appearance: He is 5'11" with a muscular but not bulky build. He has silky brown hair, going a few centimeters past his forehead and bright green eyes. His hair attempts to curl if it grows any longer lol. He wears a button up long sleeved casual shirt with the arms rolled up, or a tight fit shirt. Both are coupled with dark blue jeans, not too baggy, but not too tight.
Personality: Lyle usually tends to hang alone, not enjoying grouping. He's narcissistic at times, though he's usually quiet, intense, and collected.
Skills: Fighting, drawing, and his agility (pretty much goes with fighting, but I'll list it).
Inabilities: Socializing well (he can, but he doesn't like to), soccer, and relationships (Not unable, but not very good at em')
Biography: Lyle grew up with a happy life, until the age of 11 that is. His mother got cancer, and died a year later. After that, his life went down hill. He was secluded, and he didn't talk with his father often. Then, it only got worse; when he was 15, he found his father, a rope around his neck, hanging in his room. Lyle went to live with his relatives, who felt sorry for him. He didn't want their pity, so he stayed alone, usually keeping to himself. He doesn't make friends easily, but the ones he does make, he keeps.
Other: He has a love of symmetry, almost OCD, but not quite.

((And there you have it wink.gif))
PMEmail Poster
^
loudkirbyking
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

This is my story... And I'll live it as I see fit.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

Festive Fallout Champion!
Fishy Champion!
Tetris Champion!

Name: Loxel Starfire
Appearance: Loxel is around 5'9, and very skinny to a point of his bones being mostly visible. He has brown eyes and a redish brownish hair color that extends slightly above his eyebrows in the front while barely reaching his neck in the back. He currently is wearing some beige cargo pants in which nobody is really sure what all he keeps in his pockets, but it never tends to fall out randomly unless he slumps highly in a chair or something. He is also currently wearing a blank green long sleeve shirt. In case of the cold or rain, his jacket is tied around his waist to look almost like a ring around his stomach. The jacket, once undone, is blue on the inside, black on the outside, and has a hood on it. He also wears white tennis shoes, and has some black gloves in his back pockets for use when lifting rugged objects.
Personality: Typically a nutcase, he can come off as very crazy or weird at first, but he's really just showing his own brand of kindness. He attempts to act more of a comedian, intentionally or not, but also tends to fail at it every now and then. Once into a more serious mode, either by situation, or by choice, he can also show great words of wisdom hidden somewhere in him. Though a bit clumsy, he does show intelligence... sometimes.
Skills: Looking really fancy with weapons, running pretty far, adaptability
Inabilities: Debating topics, actually fighting with weapons(Kinda more medium, but eh), showing love to anyone to anything, handling heights
Biography: This, my friends, shall be revealed a bit later on.(If you want me to put it, ask lol)
Other Things: He is working on examining how life works, and on a journey to find out who he is.

Name: Alail Derin
Appearance: Around 5'6, and a bit more on the muscular side, she's pretty strong, but not like majorly buffed. She has blue eyes and shoulder length jet black hair that's normally let down. Normally, she wears a black pair of shorts and a red t-shirt that's slightly loose on her for more freedom of movement. She wears white tennis shoes for easy kicking, and a small darker brown bracelet on her arm with the words "Live like you mean it." engraved onto it. She also has a powder horn on her side loaded up with gunpowder. She also carries a small satchel at her side which holds some supplies to make gunpowder and other explosive objects.
Personality: Though coming out a bit harsh sometimes, she always attempts to help out in the topics she knows of. A lady of more explosive behavior, she can suddenly burst out into inspiration, or else a sudden burst of anger or frustration from what may even seem to be not that bad.
Skills: Making gunpowder, thinking outside the box, Pyrotechnics
Inabilities: Sneaking around for decent periods of time, making friends,
Biography: Originally the daughter of the local alchemist who made the gunpowder, she learned the arts of making it and creation of most things explosive. She knows about many things flammable and was experimenting with her father before things went crazy on learning new ways of using such explosives, and continually coming up with new crazy idea's.
Other Things: She can be thought of as a mad scientist by others...

Hahaha, explosions ahoy. Good enough?

--------------------
user posted image
I'm a Christian, and I'm not afraid to say it.
PM
^
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

((Yeah, excellent. I wouldn't think 'heights' or 'anything flammable' would belong in skills or inabilities, so it might be best to reword those to make sense in those categories—or if they're likes/fears, I'd say so in Other Things.
Zlod, other than the many similarities I see between your character and my first one, great. Not saying similarities are bad, just a bit unusual.
All three characters are approved, but LKK, please make the minor changes mentioned above. http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/KirbyFan31113/Lightning15educate.png I'll go ahead and start off the RP. Let's say it's about eight o'clock on a Sunday. Your characters can of course wake up a little before or after that time, but let's try to keep everyone on the same page.))

Nigel began to stir, opening his bleary eyes. It was morning. Though he lived alone, it still seemed quieter than usual. Turning his faintly aching head, he gazed over at his digital alarm clock to see what time it was. To his surprise, the numbers weren't displayed. He wondered if it had come unplugged. He got out of bed and went to check, but the plug was still in its socket.
In growing confusion, he shuffled over to the light switch and flicked it on. The overhead light remained off. The power must be out... he realized, sighing.

Sage woke up and rubbed her eyes before getting out of bed. Oblivious to the near silence, she hummed sleepily as she changed into her daywear. She wondered eagerly if her father had made breakfast for her, as he sometimes did on weekends.

--------------------
PM
^
loudkirbyking
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Fishy Champion!
Tetris Champion!

((Discussed, I'll edit it in a sec... Time's against me lately.))

Loxel yawned, slowly opening his eyes. He was normally a late sleeper, but Sunday's were always an exception. He normally got up quite early, but something was off... No screaming, no cooking... The power was out. Normally he was jolted up by his folks when the power was out. "What the heck?" He mumbled to himself. Light was coming lightly through his blinds that were in front of his windows as he rubbed his eyes, slowly getting up from the bed. His floor was covered in different things, but he did have one path left to walk through, allowing him to go out and check on things. The two must've left without me or something. He thought, getting dressed with the little amount of light he could find. His folks didn't really have much to light with, but he did manage to light a few candles to keep some light going while he changed.

Alail was sleeping... slowly... BOOM "Wait what?" She jolted up at the sound of an explosion. It wasn't a large one, but a small explosion, just enough to shake her out of her dream world. She darted her head around much like a bird, examining her home for the source of the explosion. Within seconds, she noticed that it was all off. "Dad's not making any sounds... He didn't say he was going to get supplies." She whispered, knowing full well that she was only talking to herself. Without another thought, she ran back to change to determine the problem.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
zlod
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Shadow

Lyle rubbed his eyes, stirring as light broke through his curtains. Groaning, he pulled himself up, raising an eyebrow as he found there wasn't the usual sounds of morning, his aunt cooking breakfast, his uncle watching a bit of TV, and his cousins doing something or the other. No, this morning was different.
Lyle walked out of his room, grabbing a weapon as he anticipated something had gone wrong. Except, there was no sign of struggle. The thing is, the was no noise at all. No sounds of kids playing outside, only the sound of a raven cawing, flapping off into the distance.
Immediately, there was something wrong. Though the town seemed in order, through the window, there was no one outside at all, and furthermore, there was no power in Leasville. What's going on here...?Lyle thought, peering out of his window, back in his room.

((Oh, didn't notice so many similarities, I'll see if I can change something.))
PMEmail Poster
^
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

((Okay.))

Nigel got dressed, increasingly conscious of the strange silence. When he was dressed and had slipped his folded glasses into his shirt pocket underneath his vest, he flicked the light switch off out of habit before walking out of his room. He went all the way to his front door and opened it, looking out, half-expecting to see something unusual. There was nothing—but that in itself was unusual. He knew something was wrong, something far worse than a power outage.

Sage patted down her skirt before walking out of her room. She went first to the kitchen, now wondering why it was so quiet. Neither of her parents were there. Uncertainly, she searched the house for them and found nobody.
"Mom?" she called. "Dad? Where are you?"

--------------------
PM
^
loudkirbyking
 Posted: Dec 23 2011, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Fishy Champion!
Tetris Champion!

Loxel went out, examining what was going on. Car was still parked, so they hadn't left... but where were they? With a little more examination, he couldn't find any hint of them around whatsoever. No notes to show they were gone, no notifications of their departure, nothing that would so signs of them caring about him if they'd split. Ouch, parents. Thanks for leaving without telling me. With that thought glued into his mind like paint to a wall, he walked out, wandering down the sidewalk without much of a care. He was used to cars being parked out in the road, and didn't assume much more then that. Though noticing a few keys left in ignitions, he never once touched the cars as he simply kept going...

Alail was much more darting back and forth, examining for signs of her father, and figuring out what exploded. Turns out that a small spark had set a little stack of her special gunpowder off. With mostly quick, jolting movements that could easily mess up anyone's hair, she looked almost like a cat, darting quickly before stopping to look, then darting again. And yet, after countless hours in her time(Which was only a few minutes for reality), she determined he was not here. "Something suspicious going on..." She mumbled to herself, picking up a few impact explosives her dad had, and wandering around out in the front yard. She either looked like a soldier ready to kill, or else some mad scientist exploding random stuff. Most likely the later.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 23 2011, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

Nigel went and slipped his shoes on before heading out. He didn't normally go for walks in the morning, but he felt the need to find some other form of life. This silence could only mean a bunch of people were gone, or dead, unless they all happened to decide to sleep in on the same morning. An absurd thought... He had no intention of talking with anyone. He just wanted to confirm he was not alone in Leasville.

Sage ran around her house, growing frantic and checking rooms she had already checked in her desperation. Had her parents left without telling her? They wouldn't... She looked out the front window and saw their two cars parked in the driveway. No, they hadn't left, not intentionally. Had they been kidnapped? Why on earth would anyone kidnap them?! she thought angrily to herself. Stupid thought, you stupid girl, there must be some reasonable explanation...

--------------------
PM
^
zlod
 Posted: Dec 23 2011, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Shadow

Lyle walked out of his house, keeping calm as he slipped on some tennis shoes, seeing if there was anyone else. At first glance, there was no other life, but then you could see that there was. Nature had disappeared. Around him the birds were chirping like usual, there were bugs, and animals. Only humans had vanished apparently.
PMEmail Poster
^
loudkirbyking
 Posted: Dec 25 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Fishy Champion!
Tetris Champion!

Loxel just kept wandering down the sidewalk... assuming that this was just some prank his folks had pulled and they were ready to spring out and laugh in a few minutes. Though it was dragging on for a while if it was...

Alail had gone from stable thinking to insane paranoia thoughts. Her mind had slipped slightly towards a mad scientist's insanity as she'd now assumed that either the government had kidnapped her father for his brain, or else someone took him away to make an explosive large enough to start a zombie apocalypse. With her explosives in hand, she began to watch those that were still wandering the street, ready to interrogate the heck outta them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 25 2011, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

((I dunno how many people would be wandering the streets, especially near her house... If you mean Loxel, Lyle and Nigel, I doubt they'd all happen to be in her line of sight. I'm pretty sure Nigel's not. *shrug*))

Something up ahead caught Nigel's eye at the T-junction of the street he was walking down. He started walking faster, gradually speeding up into a steady run. He stopped in front of the large hole in a house's wall. Looking inside, he saw a car at the other end of the room.
He stepped through the hole, around the scattered furniture and debris of the wall, and over to the wrecked car inside the house. He cautiously peered through the window of the car's driver-side door. Nobody was inside. This was not a typical car accident... And where was the driver, and the people who lived in this house? Surely they hadn't just walked away.

An obvious idea struck Sage in the head. She hurried to the house phone and tried to call her father's cellphone. The phone didn't work. She put it back, starting to sing nervously under her breath as she thought over and over: They're fine, they'll walk in any minute now, and nothing's wrong, they're fine...

--------------------
PM
^
loudkirbyking
 Posted: Dec 27 2011, 02:17 AM
Quote Post

Fishy Champion!
Tetris Champion!

((Doesn't really matter to me. Whether someone decides to walk into sight or not is up to them. But, reacting as the character would I shall do.))

Loxel began to slowly notice. Even though it was usually not very busy on Sunday's, this was a bit... odd. None of the usual sounds, no parents of kids going out in a panic from the blackout, no cars zooming by him... it was almost like life came to a stop around him. He didn't get it, but he knew he'd have to get serious if he was to survive this until his folks came back. With a sudden stop where he was standing, he stood still, just looking around.

Alail was beginning to twitch... nobody was around, no noises were to be heard, and her dad had ran off without telling her. "Gosh darnit... WHERE IS EVERYONE?" She suddenly screamed out the call, partially from frustration, partially from curiosity, but mostly from pure rage towards the silence and power outtage. Probably not the best idea to scream out in the middle of an abandoned area, but the explosives in her hands told another story.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lightning15
 Posted: Dec 27 2011, 02:55 AM
Quote Post

Role-Playing Enthusiast

The silence amplified her scream, making it audible farther than it otherwise would have seemed. Nigel flipped around, looking out the hole in the wall. There was someone else left, and they were wondering the same thing as him. Where was everyone?

Sage heard the distant scream, and it made her jump in surprise and fear. She looked around the room and began to tremble slightly.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll